
There are not a lot of stroller friendly places to visit here, but certainly the Corniche is one of the best with the looooong boardwalk that runs along Mutrah Port on one side and the souk on the other, with jagged peaks and forts creating the picturesque skyline. On this day, we walked along the boardwalk and then explored the Souk. I took Auntie Christy through a maze of narrow walkways, which is NOT stroller friendly, trying to find a particular jeweler. I felt a bit like Alice in Wonderland walking through the forest -- while I was SURE we were walking in the right direction, we ended up just walking in a circle! I saw several kids with backpacks all walking in one direction and figured they would be walking OUT of the Souk. We followed them through the maze, past the crowded apartments, and finally back to the street. We ended up next to a museum and decided to check that out next!

Bait Al Baranda is a house turned museum describing the geology and history of Oman from the prehistoric to the present. It's small, but very interesting! With hands-on exhibits, short videos, and creative displays, you certainly get a better understanding of the Country. It's fascinating to think that just over 30 years ago, there were only a handful of schools in the country and 7km of paved roads!