Finally everyone is sleeping when they are supposed to be and life is finally taking on a regular rhythm. In contrast to last week when Chloe was ready with her backpack packed and by the door at 4:30, we are now barely making it up in enough time to eat, get ready, and run to the bus stop. Damon is out the door shortly after and Julia and I are busy with play-dates and activities at home. Chloe doesn’t get home until 4:15 and we have a snack while she debriefs us on the day’s events. Then finally the sisters get some play time together while I cook dinner. Then it’s eat, bath, stories, and it’s almost time for bed! Damon has had events almost every night this week, and if that’s any indication of what this position will be like, then he’s going to be busy! I was able to attend one event with him and met the Ambassador and his wife there.
![]() |
| Snuggling with Daddy-0 |
We still have no permanent internet connection which means I’m not able to get messages out while Damon’s at work. We are waiting for our residency cards and then we’ll be eligible to sign up for a plan. I’m looking forward to that! And, having a car I can drive! Although, I have met a lot of neighbors getting rides here and there. Everyone has been very nice about that. On the bright side, our first shipment of stuff is coming next week! The air shipment arrived last week and its getting processed through customs. Should be at our door in a few more days. Yeah!! Roller skates and scooters and lots of other goodies!
![]() |
| teaching Julia how to play a song |
Chloe had a music class performance on Wednesday. I was able to get to that with Julia and it was very cute. For their finale, they did a performance to a children’s book (I will love you forever). The teacher did the narration and the students played various instruments as sound effects. Chloe was part of the xylophone choir and did a very nice job! If you know the story, the xylophones played when the rocking chair went back and forth, and back and forth. And she played in the chorus. I was impressed with the school – they have so many teachers! They have a separate teacher for art, music, PE, a librarian, and a counselor that comes in and talks to them about friendship and other life skills. PLUS, the classroom teacher has an aide. WOW! It’s a great school and Chloe is enjoying it a lot.
![]() |
| Chloe at the music class performance |
Next week is Spring Break and I should have some beach pictures to share!


