Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flashback to New Year's

The girls wanted to show Daddy around the town for the holiday.   We get to do a lot of exploring, but Daddy is always in school!  So, the girls were excited to share some of their favorite spots.  First stop was the Botanic Garden next to the Capitol building.  They had an incredible train display.  With the holiday came long lines and we had to wait for 30 minutes or so.  No problem for the girls, who enjoyed frequent breaks for their "tired" legs from Dad.  Sometimes at the same time!!  (They're getting a bit big for this!)


The train display had intricate, scale models of world-wide landmarks, including (Chloe's favorite) the Eiffel Tower.  This time, Chloe was exploring the train tracks a bit too closely.  But, fortunately we didn't have any mishaps.


After lunch we drove to the other Smithsonian Space museum by the Dulles Airport.  This is the BIG one with the space shuttle Discovery and 100's of planes and equipment.  The girls liked it, but I think Damon and I enjoyed it more!


Here's pictures from Chloe:














She liked all the hang-gliders and little planes.  And then she found the exhibit with the stewardess uniforms.  This one I think was her favorite! 

Julia fell asleep in the middle of our visit -- I always joke that the only place she takes a nap is when she's in the stroller or in the Metro. 

We had a great day and only Mom made it to midnight.  Everyone else fell asleep .... I was moments behind...